SUMMER JOB - Assistant to the Station Manager,
Thu, 2014-03-06 (All day)
Mountain Lake Biological Station employs two Assistants to the Station Manager each summer. We are now accepting applications for this full-time, seasonal (May-August) position.
2014 POSITION CLOSED
Duration: MAY - AUGUST 2014, full-time, summer only
Location: Pembroke, VA – 30 min. from Blacksburg, VA
Position: Provides administrative, financial & general operational support
• Basic office support- copying, answering telephones, greeting visitors, processing deliveries
• Maintain organized shop, stockroom, labs, and common-use facilities
• Create flyers for events and lectures
• Collect fees from residents for services, souvenirs, and supplies
• Move, arrange, and repair furnishings and basic equipment
• Recycling and waste removal, misc. cleaning duties
• Trail maintenance
• Assist with petty cash, change account, bank deposits , and purchases
• Help students and researchers locate supplies, troubleshoot equipment, and build experimental apparatus
• Other tasks assigned by the Station Manager
Apply at jobs.virginia.edu - search for posting # 0613753
Direct link to UVA HR position description: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=72693
Open until filled. For priority consideration, apply by March 20.
For more information:
Visit us in 064 Gilmer Hall
University of Virginia is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.